Meaning & Definition of Livid in English
1. Anemic looking from illness or emotion
- "A face turned ashen"
- "The invalid's blanched cheeks"
- "Tried to speak with bloodless lips"
- "A face livid with shock"
- "Lips...livid with the hue of death"- mary w. shelley
- "Lips white with terror"
- "A face white with rage"
- ashen ,
- blanched ,
- bloodless ,
- livid ,
2. (of a light) imparting a deathlike luminosity
- "Livid lightning streaked the sky"
- "A thousand flambeaux...turned all at once that deep gloom into a livid and preternatural day"- e.a.poe
3. Furiously angry
- "Willful stupidity makes him absolutely livid"
4. Discolored by coagulation of blood beneath the skin
- "Beaten black and blue"
- "Livid bruises"
- black-and-blue ,
Examples of using
Tom was livid.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana