Meaning & Definition of Literal in English
1. A mistake in printed matter resulting from mechanical failures of some kind
- misprint ,
- erratum ,
- typographical error ,
- typo ,
- literal error ,
1. Being or reflecting the essential or genuine character of something
- "Her actual motive"
- "A literal solitude like a desert"- g.k.chesterton
- "A genuine dilemma"
- actual ,
- genuine ,
- literal ,
2. Without interpretation or embellishment
- "A literal depiction of the scene before him"
3. Limited to the explicit meaning of a word or text
- "A literal translation"
4. Avoiding embellishment or exaggeration (used for emphasis)
- "It's the literal truth"
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana