Meaning & Definition of Likely in English
1. Has a good chance of being the case or of coming about
- "These services are likely to be available to us all before long"
- "She is likely to forget"
- "A likely place for a restaurant"
- "The broken limb is likely to fall"
- "Rain is likely"
- "A likely topic for investigation"
- "Likely candidates for the job"
2. Likely but not certain to be or become true or real
- "A likely result"
- "He foresaw a probable loss"
- probable ,
3. Expected to become or be
- In prospect
- "Potential clients"
- likely ,
4. Within the realm of credibility
- "Not a very likely excuse"
1. With considerable certainty
- Without much doubt
- "He is probably out of the country"
- "In all likelihood we are headed for war"
- probably ,
- likely ,
- in all likelihood ,
- in all probability ,
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana