Meaning & Definition of Later in English
1. Coming at a subsequent time or stage
- "Without ulterior argument"
- "The mood posterior to"
- later(a) ,
- ulterior ,
2. At or toward an end or late period or stage of development
- "The late phase of feudalism"
- "A later symptom of the disease"
- "Later medical science could have saved the child"
- late ,
1. Happening at a time subsequent to a reference time
- "He apologized subsequently"
- "He's going to the store but he'll be back here later"
- "It didn't happen until afterward"
- "Two hours after that"
- subsequently ,
- later ,
- afterwards ,
- afterward ,
- after ,
- later on
2. At some eventual time in the future
- "By and by he'll understand"
- "I'll see you later"
- by and by ,
3. Comparative of the adverb `late'
- "He stayed later than you did"
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana