Meaning & Definition of Lasting in English
1. Continuing or enduring without marked change in status or condition or place
- "Permanent secretary to the president"
- "Permanent address"
- "Literature of permanent value"
- permanent ,
2. Existing for a long time
- "Hopes for a durable peace"
- "A long-lasting friendship"
- durable ,
- lasting ,
- long-lasting ,
- Not shed
- "Persistent leaves remain attached past maturity"
- "The persistent gills of fishes"
- persistent ,
4. Lasting a long time without change
- "A lasting relationship"
Examples of using
As of 1950, the European Coal and Steel Community begins to unite European countries economically and politically in order to secure lasting peace.
Paracelsus influence was intense and long lasting.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana