Meaning & Definition of Lady in English
1. A polite name for any woman
- "A nice lady at the library helped me"
2. A woman of refinement
- "A chauffeur opened the door of the limousine for the grand lady"
- dame ,
- madam ,
- ma'am ,
- lady ,
3. A woman of the peerage in britain
- Lady ,
- noblewoman ,
Examples of using
The old lady stepped off the bus.
The old lady got off the bus.
Does the lady know who this car here belongs to?
Does the lady know who this car belongs to?
Does the lady speak Turkish?
She's a fine young lady.
This lady is old and crazy.
The lady is teaching us French.
Please call a taxi for this lady.
The lady stayed at home for five days because it was too hot.
The lady is now drinking water.
This is the lady who wants to see you.
The difference between a lady and a flower girl is not how she behaves, but how she is treated.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty lady is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
I gave my seat to the old lady.
When I opened my eyes again, all of a sudden an unknown lady was standing right in front of me.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana