Meaning & Definition of Judgment in English
1. An opinion formed by judging something
- "He was reluctant to make his judgment known"
- "She changed her mind"
2. The act of judging or assessing a person or situation or event
- "They criticized my judgment of the contestants"
3. (law) the determination by a court of competent jurisdiction on matters submitted to it
- judicial decision
4. The cognitive process of reaching a decision or drawing conclusions
5. The legal document stating the reasons for a judicial decision
- "Opinions are usually written by a single judge"
- legal opinion,
6. The capacity to assess situations or circumstances shrewdly and to draw sound conclusions
- sound judgment,
- sound judgement,
7. The mental ability to understand and discriminate between relations