Meaning & Definition of Joy in English
1. The emotion of great happiness
- joy ,
- joyousness ,
2. Something or someone that provides a source of happiness
- "A joy to behold"
- "The pleasure of his company"
- "The new car is a delight"
- joy ,
- delight ,
1. Feel happiness or joy
- rejoice ,
2. Make glad or happy
- gladden ,
Examples of using
I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.
I jumped for joy when I heard the news.
It brings me great joy.
They are tears of joy.
Let's drink and sing with joy.
The new decoration gave joy to the house.
You shall have joy, or you shall have power, said God; you shall not have both.
She cried for joy when she heard that her son had survived the plane crash.
Her look expressed her joy.
On hearing the news of the birth of his first child, he jumped for joy.
His face was alight with joy.
You are my pride and joy.
Her eyes were shining with joy.
I'm beside myself with joy.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana