Meaning & Definition of Irritate in English
1. Cause annoyance in
- Disturb, especially by minor irritations
- "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"
- "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
- annoy ,
- rag ,
- get to ,
- bother ,
- get at ,
- irritate ,
- rile ,
- nark ,
- nettle ,
- gravel ,
- vex ,
- chafe ,
2. Excite to an abnormal condition, or chafe or inflame
- "Aspirin irritates my stomach"
3. Excite to some characteristic action or condition, such as motion, contraction, or nervous impulse, by the application of a stimulus
- "Irritate the glands of a leaf"
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana