Meaning & Definition of Involve in English
1. Connect closely and often incriminatingly
- "This new ruling affects your business"
2. Engage as a participant
- "Don't involve me in your family affairs!"
3. Have as a necessary feature
- "This decision involves many changes"
4. Require as useful, just, or proper
- "It takes nerve to do what she did"
- "Success usually requires hard work"
- "This job asks a lot of patience and skill"
- "This position demands a lot of personal sacrifice"
- "This dinner calls for a spectacular dessert"
- "This intervention does not postulate a patient's consent"
- call for,
5. Contain as a part
- "Dinner at joe's always involves at least six courses"
6. Occupy or engage the interest of
- "His story completely involved me during the entire afternoon"
7. Make complex or intricate or complicated
- "The situation was rather involved"
Examples of using
Relationships involve compromise.