Meaning & Definition of Intention in English
1. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions
- "His intent was to provide a new translation"
- "Good intentions are not enough"
- "It was created with the conscious aim of answering immediate needs"
- "He made no secret of his designs"
- purpose ,
- intent ,
- intention ,
- aim ,
2. (usually plural) the goal with respect to a marriage proposal
- "His intentions are entirely honorable"
3. An act of intending
- A volition that you intend to carry out
- "My intention changed once i saw her"
Examples of using
Tom has no intention of apologizing to Mary.
I was just drawing pictures, I had no further intention.
He has no intention to interfere with your business.
He had no intention of waiting for three hours.
I have no intention of telling you the result.
That wasn't my intention.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana