Meaning & Definition of Insurance in English
1. Promise of reimbursement in the case of loss
- Paid to people or companies so concerned about hazards that they have made prepayments to an insurance company
2. Written contract or certificate of insurance
- "You should have read the small print on your policy"
- policy ,
- insurance policy ,
3. Protection against future loss
- indemnity ,
Examples of using
If you can't afford travel insurance, then you can't afford to travel.
Does Tom have insurance?
How much insurance do you carry on your house?