Meaning & Definition of Institute in English
1. An association organized to promote art or science or education
1. Set up or lay the groundwork for
- "Establish a new department"
- establish ,
- found ,
- plant ,
- constitute ,
2. Advance or set forth in court
- "Bring charges", "institute proceedings"
- institute ,
Examples of using
He works at a scientific institute where linguists, literature scholars, historians, sociologists, economists, and other scholars investigate everything that has to do with gnomes.