Meaning & Definition of Indirect in English
1. Having intervening factors or persons or influences
- "Reflection from the ceiling provided a soft indirect light"
- "Indirect evidence"
- "An indirect cause"
2. Not direct in spatial dimension
- Not leading by a straight line or course to a destination
- "Sometimes taking an indirect path saves time"
- "You must take an indirect course in sailing"
3. Descended from a common ancestor but through different lines
- "Cousins are collateral relatives"
- "An indirect descendant of the stuarts"
- collateral ,
4. Extended senses
- Not direct in manner or language or behavior or action
- "Making indirect but legitimate inquiries"
- "An indirect insult"
- "Doubtless they had some indirect purpose in mind"
- "Though his methods are indirect they are not dishonest"
- "Known as a shady indirect fellow"
5. Not as a direct effect or consequence
- "Indirect benefits"
- "An indirect advantage"
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana