Meaning & Definition of Include in English
1. Have as a part, be made up out of
- "The list includes the names of many famous writers"
2. Consider as part of something
- "I include you in the list of culprits"
3. Add as part of something else
- Put in as part of a set, group, or category
- "We must include this chemical element in the group"
4. Allow participation in or the right to be part of
- Permit to exercise the rights, functions, and responsibilities of
- "Admit someone to the profession"
- "She was admitted to the new jersey bar"
- admit ,
- let in ,
Examples of using
Talk of prejudice typically suggests racism, but that's not the only prejudice spread by the media. Other victims include Jews, Palestinians, Asians, poor people, homosexuals, handicapped persons, and--especially--women.
Don't forget to include me in the count.
Tom told Mary that she shouldn't include her phone number in her profile.
Other documents of great importance include the writings of the Jesuits.
Does the price of the room include the service charges?
Special services include a personal driver for each guest.
Does ALC's web site include an archive of English expressions?
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana