Meaning & Definition of Imitative in English
1. Marked by or given to imitation
- "Acting is an imitative art"
- "Man is an imitative being"
2. (of words) formed in imitation of a natural sound
- "Onomatopoeic words are imitative of noises"
- "It was independently developed in more than one place as an onomatopoetic term"- harry hoijer
- echoic ,
- imitative ,
- onomatopoeic ,
- onomatopoeical ,
3. Not genuine
- Imitating something superior
- "Counterfeit emotion"
- "Counterfeit money"
- "Counterfeit works of art"
- "A counterfeit prince"
- counterfeit ,
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana