Meaning & Definition of Idiotic in English
1. Insanely irresponsible
- "An idiotic idea"
- crackbrained ,
- Inviting ridicule
- "The absurd excuse that the dog ate his homework"
- "That's a cockeyed idea"
- "Ask a nonsensical question and get a nonsensical answer"
- "A contribution so small as to be laughable"
- "It is ludicrous to call a cottage a mansion"
- "A preposterous attempt to turn back the pages of history"
- "Her conceited assumption of universal interest in her rather dull children was ridiculous"
- absurd ,
- cockeyed ,
- derisory ,
- idiotic ,
- laughable ,
- ludicrous ,
- nonsensical ,
- preposterous ,
3. Having a mental age of three to seven years
- imbecile ,
- imbecilic ,
Examples of using
What an idiotic mistake!
If you raise an eyebrow, it can mean "I want to have sex with you", but also "I find that what you just said is completely idiotic."