Meaning & Definition of Idea in English
1. The content of cognition
- The main thing you are thinking about
- "It was not a good idea"
- "The thought never entered my mind"
- idea ,
2. Your intention
- What you intend to do
- "He had in mind to see his old teacher"
- "The idea of the game is to capture all the pieces"
- mind ,
3. A personal view
- "He has an idea that we don't like him"
4. An approximate calculation of quantity or degree or worth
- "An estimate of what it would cost"
- "A rough idea how long it would take"
- estimate ,
- estimation ,
- approximation ,
5. (music) melodic subject of a musical composition
- "The theme is announced in the first measures"
- "The accompanist picked up the idea and elaborated it"
- theme ,
- melodic theme ,
- musical theme ,
Examples of using
This will give you a rough idea.
I racked my brains for a new idea for an article.
What do you think of my idea?