Meaning & Definition of Hunt in English
1. Englishman and pre-raphaelite painter (1827-1910)
- Holman Hunt,
- William Holman Hunt
2. United states architect (1827-1895)
- Richard Morris Hunt
3. British writer who defended the romanticism of keats and shelley (1784-1859)
- Leigh Hunt,
- James Henry Leigh Hunt
4. An association of huntsmen who hunt for sport
- hunt club
5. An instance of searching for something
- "The hunt for submarines"
6. The activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something or someone
7. The work of finding and killing or capturing animals for food or pelts
8. The pursuit and killing or capture of wild animals regarded as a sport
1. Pursue for food or sport (as of wild animals)
- "Goering often hunted wild boars in poland"
- "The dogs are running deer"
- "The duke hunted in these woods"
- hunt down,
- track down
2. Pursue or chase relentlessly
- "The hunters traced the deer into the woods"
- "The detectives hounded the suspect until they found him"
3. Chase away, with as with force
- "They hunted the unwanted immigrants out of the neighborhood"
4. Yaw back and forth about a flight path
- "The plane's nose yawed"
5. Oscillate about a desired speed, position, or state to an undesirable extent
- "The oscillator hunts about the correct frequency"
6. Seek, search for
- "She hunted for her reading glasses but was unable to locate them"
7. Search (an area) for prey
- "The king used to hunt these forests"