Meaning & Definition of Humor in English
1. A message whose ingenuity or verbal skill or incongruity has the power to evoke laughter
2. The trait of appreciating (and being able to express) the humorous
- "She didn't appreciate my humor"
- "You can't survive in the army without a sense of humor"
- sense of humor,
- sense of humour
3. A characteristic (habitual or relatively temporary) state of feeling
- "Whether he praised or cursed me depended on his temper at the time"
- "He was in a bad humor"
4. The quality of being funny
- "I fail to see the humor in it"
5. (middle ages) one of the four fluids in the body whose balance was believed to determine your emotional and physical state
- "The humors are blood and phlegm and yellow and black bile"
6. The liquid parts of the body
- liquid body substance,
- bodily fluid,
- body fluid,
1. Put into a good mood