Meaning & Definition of Humanitarian in English
1. Someone devoted to the promotion of human welfare and to social reforms
2. An advocate of the principles of humanism
- Someone concerned with the interests and welfare of humans
1. Marked by humanistic values and devotion to human welfare
- "A humane physician"
- "Released the prisoner for humanitarian reasons"
- "Respect and humanistic regard for all members of our species"
2. Of or relating to or characteristic of humanitarianism
- "Humanitarian aid"