Meaning & Definition of Historical in English
1. Of or relating to the study of history
- "Historical scholars"
- "A historical perspective"
2. Having once lived or existed or taken place in the real world as distinct from being legendary
- "The historical jesus"
- "Doubt that a historical camelot every existed"
- "Actual historical events"
3. Belonging to the past
- Of what is important or famous in the past
- "Historic victories"
- "Historical (or historic) times"
- "A historical character"
- historic ,
4. Used of the study of a phenomenon (especially language) as it changes through time
- "Diachronic linguistics"
- diachronic ,
Examples of using
It is an historical play.
This is a historical moment.
This is an historical moment.
Persian Gulf is an element of historical identity of Iranian People.
The French Revolution is one of the most debated historical events.
Who's your favorite historical person?
What's your favorite historical movie?
The actors appeared in historical costumes.
We have a rich historical heritage.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana