Meaning & Definition of Highly in English
1. To a high degree or extent
- Favorably or with much respect
- "Highly successful"
- "He spoke highly of her"
- "Does not think highly of his writing"
- "Extremely interesting"
- highly ,
2. At a high rate or wage
- "Highly paid workers"
3. In a high position or level or rank
- "Details known by only a few highly placed persons"
Examples of using
This mission is highly secret and extremely dangerous.
I'd still highly recommend that you contribute sentences in Russian, so we could have sentences we can all trust as sounding natural.
The food was highly peppered.