Meaning & Definition of Hesitation in English
1. Indecision in speech or action
2. A certain degree of unwillingness
- "A reluctance to commit himself"
- "His hesitancy revealed his basic indisposition"
- "After some hesitation he agreed"
3. The act of pausing uncertainly
- "There was a hesitation in his speech"
Examples of using
The men seized their sharpened sabres without hesitation.
Without hesitation we set to proposing riddles and telling tales.
Without hesitation, he told his wife the truth.