Meaning & Definition of Hem in English
1. The edge of a piece of cloth
- Especially the finished edge that has been doubled under and stitched down
- "The hem of her dress was stained"
- "Let down the hem"
- "He stitched weights into the curtain's hem"
- "It seeped along the hem of his jacket"
2. The utterance of a sound similar to clearing the throat
- Intended to get attention, express hesitancy, fill a pause, hide embarrassment, warn a friend, etc.
- hem ,
1. Fold over and sew together to provide with a hem
- "Hem my skirt"
2. Utter `hem' or `ahem'
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana