Meaning & Definition of Height in English
1. The vertical dimension of extension
- Distance from the base of something to the top
- height ,
2. The highest level or degree attainable
- The highest stage of development
- "His landscapes were deemed the acme of beauty"
- "The artist's gifts are at their acme"
- "At the height of her career"
- "The peak of perfection"
- "Summer was at its peak"
- "...catapulted einstein to the pinnacle of fame"
- "The summit of his ambition"
- "So many highest superlatives achieved by man"
- "At the top of his profession"
- acme ,
- height ,
- elevation ,
- peak ,
- pinnacle ,
- summit ,
- superlative ,
- meridian ,
- tiptop ,
3. (of a standing person) the distance from head to foot
- stature ,
4. Elevation especially above sea level or above the earth's surface
- "The altitude gave her a headache"
- altitude ,
Examples of using
Did you hear the story about the bungee jumper who died because he miscalculated the height of each storey before diving off a building?
He is above average height.
Tom's height gave him a decided advantage in the game.