Meaning & Definition of Happy in English
1. Enjoying or showing or marked by joy or pleasure
- "A happy smile"
- "Spent many happy days on the beach"
- "A happy marriage"
2. Marked by good fortune
- "A felicitous life"
- "A happy outcome"
- felicitous ,
3. Eagerly disposed to act or to be of service
- "Glad to help"
- glad ,
4. Well expressed and to the point
- "A happy turn of phrase"
- "A few well-chosen words"
- happy ,
Examples of using
He always looked happy, but never was.
Tom wants to be happy again.
I'll be happy if you propose a better wording.