Meaning & Definition of Handsome in English
1. Pleasing in appearance especially by reason of conformity to ideals of form and proportion
- "A fine-looking woman"
- "A good-looking man"
- "Better-looking than her sister"
- "Very pretty but not so extraordinarily handsome"- thackeray
- "Our southern women are well-favored"- lillian hellman
- fine-looking ,
- good-looking ,
- better-looking ,
- handsome ,
- well-favored ,
2. Given or giving freely
- "Was a big tipper"
- "The bounteous goodness of god"
- "Bountiful compliments"
- "A freehanded host"
- "A handsome allowance"
- "Saturday's child is loving and giving"
- "A liberal backer of the arts"
- "A munificent gift"
- "Her fond and openhanded grandfather"
- big ,
- bighearted ,
- bounteous ,
- bountiful ,
- freehanded ,
- handsome ,
- giving ,
- liberal ,
Examples of using
He's rich, young and handsome.
I thought he was incredibly handsome.
Tom is exceptionally handsome.
She found him handsome.
David is handsome.
Philip is more handsome than you are.
She said, "He is handsome."
He is neither handsome nor ugly.
He is very handsome.
He is tremendously handsome.
He became a handsome young man.
He is paid a handsome monthly salary.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana