Meaning & Definition of Guarantee in English
1. A written assurance that some product or service will be provided or will meet certain specifications
2. An unconditional commitment that something will happen or that something is true
- "There is no guarantee that they are not lying"
3. A collateral agreement to answer for the debt of another in case that person defaults
1. Give surety or assume responsibility
- "I vouch for the quality of my products"
2. Make certain of
- "This nest egg will ensure a nice retirement for us"
- "Preparation will guarantee success!"
3. Promise to do or accomplish
- "Guarantee to free the prisoners"
4. Stand behind and guarantee the quality, accuracy, or condition of
- "The dealer warrants all the cars he sells"
- "I warrant this information"