Meaning & Definition of Gruesome in English
1. Shockingly repellent
- Inspiring horror
- "Ghastly wounds"
- "The grim aftermath of the bombing"
- "The grim task of burying the victims"
- "A grisly murder"
- "Gruesome evidence of human sacrifice"
- "Macabre tales of war and plague in the middle ages"
- "Macabre tortures conceived by madmen"
- ghastly ,
- grim ,
- grisly ,
- gruesome ,
- macabre ,
Examples of using
Any murder is gruesome but this one was especially heinous.
When he claims to desire eternal life, in reality man merely wishes to avoid a premature, violent or gruesome death.