Meaning & Definition of Grotesque in English
1. Art characterized by an incongruous mixture of parts of humans and animals interwoven with plants
1. Distorted and unnatural in shape or size
- Abnormal and hideous
- "Tales of grotesque serpents eight fathoms long that churned the seas"
- "Twisted into monstrous shapes"
- grotesque ,
2. Ludicrously odd
- "Hamlet's assumed antic disposition"
- "Fantastic halloween costumes"
- "A grotesque reflection in the mirror"
- antic ,
- fantastic ,
- fantastical ,
Examples of using