Meaning & Definition of Generator in English
1. An apparatus that produces a vapor or gas
2. Engine that converts mechanical energy into electrical energy by electromagnetic induction
3. Someone who originates or causes or initiates something
- "He was the generator of several complaints"
- generator ,
- source ,
4. An electronic device for producing a signal voltage
Examples of using
Many games use dice as a random number generator.
All hospitals are equipped with a spare generator in case of a power outage.
Every hospital has a back-up electric generator in case of blackout.