Meaning & Definition of Frighten in English
1. Cause fear in
- "The stranger who hangs around the building frightens me"
- "Ghosts could never affright her"
- frighten ,
- fright ,
- scare ,
2. Drive out by frightening
Examples of using
For her, floods frighten less than earthquakes.
Your threats don't frighten me.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana