Meaning & Definition of Friend in English
1. A person you know well and regard with affection and trust
- "He was my best friend at the university"
2. An associate who provides cooperation or assistance
- "He's a good ally in fight"
- ally ,
3. A person with whom you are acquainted
- "I have trouble remembering the names of all my acquaintances"
- "We are friends of the family"
- acquaintance ,
4. A person who backs a politician or a team etc.
- "All their supporters came out for the game"
- "They are friends of the library"
- supporter ,
- protagonist ,
- champion ,
- admirer ,
- booster ,
5. A member of the religious society of friends founded by george fox (the friends have never called themselves quakers)
- Friend ,
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana