Meaning & Definition of Forth in English
1. A river in southern scotland that flows eastward to the firth of forth
- Forth ,
- Forth River
1. From a particular thing or place or position (`forth' is obsolete)
- "Ran away from the lion"
- "Wanted to get away from there"
- "Sent the children away to boarding school"
- "The teacher waved the children away from the dead animal"
- "Went off to school"
- "They drove off"
- "Go forth and preach"
- away ,
- off ,
2. Forward in time or order or degree
- "From that time forth"
- "From the sixth century onward"
- forth ,
- forward ,
3. Out into view
- "Came forth from the crowd"
- "Put my ideas forth"
Examples of using
The costumes were red, pink, blue, and so forth.
He walked back and forth on the platform while waiting for the train.
March winds and April showers bring forth May flowers.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana