Meaning & Definition of Formidable in English
1. Extremely impressive in strength or excellence
- "A formidable opponent"
- "The challenge was formidable"
- "Had a formidable array of compositions to his credit"
- "The formidable army of brains at the prime minister's disposal"
2. Inspiring fear
- "The formidable prospect of major surgery"
- "A tougher and more redoubtable adversary than the heel-clicking, jackbooted fanatic"- g.h.johnston
- "Something unnerving and prisonlike about high grey wall"
- formidable ,
- redoubtable ,
Examples of using
The leader made formidable declarations.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana