Meaning & Definition of Forbid in English
1. Command against
- "I forbid you to call me late at night"
- "Mother vetoed the trip to the chocolate store"
- "Dad nixed our plans"
- forbid ,
- prohibit ,
- interdict ,
- proscribe ,
- veto ,
- disallow ,
2. Keep from happening or arising
- Make impossible
- "My sense of tact forbids an honest answer"
- "Your role in the projects precludes your involvement in the competitive project"
- prevent ,
- forestall ,
- foreclose ,
- preclude ,
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana