Meaning & Definition of Foothold in English
1. An area in hostile territory that has been captured and is held awaiting further troops and supplies
- "An attempt to secure a bridgehead behind enemy lines"
- "The only foothold left for british troops in europe was gibraltar"
- bridgehead ,
2. A place providing support for the foot in standing or climbing
- foothold ,
3. An initial accomplishment that opens the way for further developments
- "The town became a beachhead in the campaign to ban smoking outdoors"
- "They are presently attempting to gain a foothold in the russian market"
- beachhead ,
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana