Meaning & Definition of Folk in English
1. People in general (often used in the plural)
- "They're just country folk"
- "Folks around here drink moonshine"
- "The common people determine the group character and preserve its customs from one generation to the next"
- folk ,
- folks ,
- common people
2. A social division of (usually preliterate) people
- tribe ,
3. People descended from a common ancestor
- "His family has lived in massachusetts since the mayflower"
- family ,
- family line ,
- folk ,
- kinfolk ,
- kinsfolk ,
- sept ,
4. The traditional and typically anonymous music that is an expression of the life of people in a community
- folk music ,
- ethnic music ,
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana