Meaning & Definition of Fixed in English
1. (of a number) having a fixed and unchanging value
2. Fixed and unmoving
- "With eyes set in a fixed glassy stare"
- "His bearded face already has a set hollow look"- connor cruise o'brien
- "A face rigid with pain"
- fixed ,
- set ,
3. Securely placed or fastened or set
- "A fixed piece of wood"
- "A fixed resistor"
4. Incapable of being changed or moved or undone
- E.g. "frozen prices"
- "Living on fixed incomes"
- fixed ,
Examples of using
Something has to be fixed there.
I spent fifty dollars to get my dog fixed.
Father fixed the car.
Everyone’s eyes were fixed on the screens.
I just fixed the car yesterday!
My watch needs to be fixed.
He fixed the net.
He fixed his eyes on me.
The older you grow, the more you tend to adhere to fixed ideas.
I must get it fixed.
Now everything is fixed.
You should get your car fixed.
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that the problem is fixed.
I am a flawed person, but these are flaws that can easily be fixed.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana