Meaning & Definition of Finishing in English
1. A decorative texture or appearance of a surface (or the substance that gives it that appearance)
- "The boat had a metallic finish"
- "He applied a coat of a clear finish"
- "When the finish is too thin it is difficult to apply evenly"
- coating ,
- finish ,
2. The act of finishing
- "His best finish in a major tournament was third"
- "The speaker's finishing was greeted with applause"
- finish ,
Examples of using
I'm finishing my homework.
I add a few finishing touches.
The end of which there were two little sketches of rhetoric and logic, the latter finishing with a specimen of a dispute in the Socratic method.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana