Meaning & Definition of Finished in English
1. (of materials or goods) brought to the desired final state
- "A finished product"
2. Ended or brought to an end
- "Are you finished?"
- "Gave me the finished manuscript"
3. (of skills or the products of skills) brought to or having the greatest excellence
- "A dazzling and finished piece of writing"
- "A finished violinist"
4. Having a surface coating or finish applied
- "The finished bookcase costs much more than the unfinished ones"
5. Brought to ruin
- "After the revolution the aristocracy was finished"
- "The unsuccessful run for office left him ruined politically and economically"
- finished ,
Examples of using
Tom is working on something that needs to be finished by 100:100.
We knew that we were going to go in different directions when our school finished.
Tom and Mary finished their meal and then went into the living room to watch TV.