Meaning & Definition of Fever in English
1. A rise in the temperature of the body
- Frequently a symptom of infection
- fever ,
- febrility ,
- febricity ,
- pyrexia ,
2. Intense nervous anticipation
- "In a fever of resentment"
Examples of using
I think I am burning with fever.
Since you have a fever, you should stay home.
My daughter has fever. I should call the doctor.
Before the arrival of the Europeans, yellow fever hadn't been a problem.
I had a little bit of a fever this morning.
Do you have a fever?
I caught a cold, and I have a fever.
She was burning with fever.
Her fever was still higher an hour later.
The patient was hot with fever.
The fever has abated.
I had a little fever this morning.
High fever is a frequent accompaniment of influenza.
My forehead burned with fever.
You have a little fever today, don't you?
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana