Meaning & Definition of Fault in English
1. A wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention
- "He made a bad mistake"
- "She was quick to point out my errors"
- "I could understand his english in spite of his grammatical faults"
- mistake ,
- error ,
2. An imperfection in an object or machine
- "A flaw caused the crystal to shatter"
- "If there are any defects you should send it back to the manufacturer"
- defect ,
- fault ,
3. The quality of being inadequate or falling short of perfection
- "They discussed the merits and demerits of her novel"
- "He knew his own faults much better than she did"
- demerit ,
4. (geology) a crack in the earth's crust resulting from the displacement of one side with respect to the other
- "They built it right over a geological fault"
- "He studied the faulting of the earth's crust"
- fault ,
- faulting ,
- geological fault ,
- shift ,
- fracture ,
5. (electronics) equipment failure attributable to some defect in a circuit (loose connection or insulation failure or short circuit etc.)
- "It took much longer to find the fault than to fix it"
6. Responsibility for a bad situation or event
- "It was john's fault"
7. (sports) a serve that is illegal (e.g., that lands outside the prescribed area)
- "He served too many double faults"
1. Put or pin the blame on
- blame ,
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana