Meaning & Definition of Fantasy in English
1. Imagination unrestricted by reality
- "A schoolgirl fantasy"
2. Fiction with a large amount of imagination in it
- "She made a lot of money writing romantic fantasies"
3. Something many people believe that is false
- "They have the illusion that i am very wealthy"
1. Indulge in fantasies
- "He is fantasizing when he says he plans to start his own company"
Examples of using
Tom lives in a fantasy world.
Tom does not know the difference between reality and fantasy.
Sometimes reality and fantasy are hard to distinguish.