Meaning & Definition of Fantastic in English
1. Ludicrously odd
- "Hamlet's assumed antic disposition"
- "Fantastic halloween costumes"
- "A grotesque reflection in the mirror"
2. Extraordinarily good or great
- Used especially as intensifiers
- "A fantastic trip to the orient"
- "The film was fantastic!"
- "A howling success"
- "A marvelous collection of rare books"
- "Had a rattling conversation about politics"
- "A tremendous achievement"
3. Fanciful and unrealistic
- "A fantastic idea of his own importance"
4. Existing in fancy only
- "Fantastic figures with bulbous heads the circumference of a bushel"- nathaniel hawthorne
5. Extravagantly fanciful in design, construction, appearance
- "Gaudi's fantastic architecture"
Examples of using
I thought Tom was fantastic.
Isn't that fantastic?