Meaning & Definition of Failure in English
1. An act that fails
- "His failure to pass the test"
2. An event that does not accomplish its intended purpose
- "The surprise party was a complete failure"
3. Lack of success
- "He felt that his entire life had been a failure"
- "That year there was a crop failure"
4. A person with a record of failing
- Someone who loses consistently
- failure ,
- loser ,
- nonstarter ,
- unsuccessful person
5. An unexpected omission
- "He resented my failure to return his call"
- "The mechanic's failure to check the brakes"
6. Inability to discharge all your debts as they come due
- "The company had to declare bankruptcy"
- "Fraudulent loans led to the failure of many banks"
- bankruptcy ,
7. Loss of ability to function normally
- "Kidney failure"