Meaning & Definition of Eye in English
1. The organ of sight
- eye ,
- oculus ,
2. Good discernment (either visually or as if visually)
- "She has an eye for fresh talent"
- "He has an artist's eye"
3. Attention to what is seen
- "He tried to catch her eye"
4. An area that is approximately central within some larger region
- "It is in the center of town"
- "They ran forward into the heart of the struggle"
- "They were in the eye of the storm"
- center ,
- centre ,
- middle ,
- heart ,
5. A small hole or loop (as in a needle)
- "The thread wouldn't go through the eye"
1. Look at
- eye ,
Examples of using
His mother discreetly kept an eye on the boy.
Bacteria are invisible to the naked eye.
"Which would you choose - to have your eye put out or your ass fucked?" "I see your eyes are both in their place."