Meaning & Definition of Exterminate in English
1. Kill en masse
- Kill on a large scale
- Kill many
- "Hitler wanted to exterminate the jews, gypsies, communists, and homosexuals of europe"
- exterminate ,
- kill off
2. Destroy completely, as if down to the roots
- "The vestiges of political democracy were soon uprooted" "root out corruption"
- uproot ,
- eradicate ,
- extirpate ,
- root out ,
Examples of using
They tried to exterminate my people.
The insecticide promised to exterminate cockroaches.
Insecticides are agricultural chemicals that exterminate insects harmful to plants.
Their job is to exterminate rats and mice.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana