Meaning & Definition of Extended in English
1. Relatively long in duration
- Tediously protracted
- "A drawn-out argument"
- "An extended discussion"
- "A lengthy visit from her mother-in-law"
- "A prolonged and bitter struggle"
- "Protracted negotiations"
- drawn-out ,
- extended ,
- lengthy ,
- prolonged ,
2. Fully extended or stretched forth
- "An extended telescope"
- "His extended legs reached almost across the small room"
- "Refused to accept the extended hand"
3. Drawn out or made longer spatially
- "Picasso's elongated don quixote"
- "Lengthened skirts are fashionable this year"
- "The extended airport runways can accommodate larger planes"
- "A prolonged black line across the page"
- elongated ,
- extended ,
- lengthened ,
4. Beyond the literal or primary sense
- "`hot off the press' shows an extended sense of `hot'"
5. Large in spatial extent or range or scope or quantity
- "An extensive roman settlement in northwest england"
- "Extended farm lands"
- "Surgeons with extended experience"
- "They suffered extensive damage"
- extensive ,
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana